Wait until the next day (after getting tattooed) to apply our transparent film dressing. The artist will cover your new tattoo when you leave the shop. The reason for waiting till the next day to apply is because the first 24 hours there is a lot of plasma/ink buildup.
Once applied, leave on for up to 5-7 days. Do not remove or mess with it during this time.
- make sure tattoo and surrounding skin is thoroughly clean and dry.
- cut the transparent film to surround the tattoo with rounded corners. (helps it to not peel at all)
- apply protective film over tattoo gently
- that’s it. now, leave it alone!
- You can shower with it but do not bathe or swim until fully healed.
- Need to cover large body areas? No problem. Buy multiple sheets of film and overlap the pieces by at least 1/2 an inch on any side that overlaps.
- When you remove the protective film do so slowly and carefully. Best way is to get into a hot shower and slowly remove as warm water is showering over it.
- If your tattoo weeps out alot of oozy stuff then feel free to remove in warm shower, clean with antibacterial soap, and apply new protective film (do not reuse old one).
- After removal, clean with warm water and antibacterial soap gently. Do not use wash cloths or sponges. Only gently using your hands.
- Finally, pat dry with towel and for the next 7-10 days apply a thin coat of non-scented Lubriderm or Cetaphil.
- Note: there will be little to no scabbing with a bit of flaky skin peeling.